Twitter InstaGram IMDb
1. Why did you start acting? or Why did you get into film? I have always wanted to act ever since I was a little girl. I tried getting into it as a young girl but I had no time. I was an elite gymnast and I had my eyes set on making the Olympics. I decided to put acting on hold to pursue my gymnastics dream. I got injured and had to retire. Soon after I got into diving and dove at The University of Texas through college. Once again I had my eyes set on making the Olympics but this time for diving. Injuries got the best of me and I retired once I graduated. With athletics in my past, I decided to pursue my long lost dream of acting. I now have the time to dedicate to the craft. Acting is so appealing to me because it gives you a creative outlet to express yourself. Its very challenging to completely transform into another character and make that character come to life. I love the challenge! It really tests you and you learn a lot about yourself while acting. I love how it builds character and really forces you to find yourself while trying to play a different person. I also love to entertain! Film is a perfect way to entertain people. I want to make people laugh and feel good about themselves and I believe I can achieve this through acting.
2) What actors do you look to as an example. or Who is your inspiration?
named after Julia Roberts when she played Shelby in Steele Magnolias. I have always looked up to her because of this. I believe she is an incredible actress as well! She makes her character come to life and her laugh and smile are contagious. I also look up to Reese Witherspoon. I feel like I relate to her characters very well and she seems to have a similar personality as I do. I want to make people laugh just the way she does through her films. Another actress that I really respect and look up to is Jennifer Lawrence. I think she is very talented and really transforms into her character. She makes the movie come to life as if your living in it. Being able to do that is very impressive and I strive to be able to that. Those three actresses are my biggest inspirations.
3) What has been your most satisfying time on stage or set?
The most satisfying time I had on set was doing a commercial for Flix Brewhouse. It was a long day but so much fun! We got tons of good food and the whole crew was awesome. I also met some really good people on set and we are still friends to this day. The fact that I met the cast on set and left the set being friends made it very satisfying. It was an instant bond 🙂
4) Why did you decide to The Last Beautiful Girl and what are you looking forward to the most? I decided to do The Last Beautiful Girl because I loved the script. It felt very real to me and I could relate to the characters. I was very happy to be casted as Lauren because I loved her character. She is light hearted, funny, and a guys girl, and I am very similar to that. There are times in the movie that I say lines that I would say in real life. I thought the writer did a great job at including so many different diverse characters that you would see in college. I also accepted to do the movie because of the production company. Twitchy Dolphin has such a good reputation and track record. They know what they are doing! I felt very comfortable during my audition and I knew they would take care of me and I would feel comfortable while filming. I feel very lucky and happy to be apart of this film. I am looking forward to gaining experience. I am very new to acting and I feel fortunate that Jim trusted me and is giving me a chance. I can’t wait to learn from him! This is my first feature film so I am really looking forward to learn how a movie is put together and everything that goes into it.
5) What are your top 10 movies of ALL time!
1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Steel Magnolias
3. Fight Club
4. Legally Blonde
5. The Lion King
8. Now and Then